By using an FTP/Secure FTP (SFTP) client such as Fetch, you can transfer files between your computer and a remote server. Files can be programs for your computer, web pages you’ve created, or documents you have written.
If you want to transfer files to and from your Deakin home directory, use the following settings in your SFTP program:
- Server: ftp.deakin.edu.au
- Connect using Protocol: SFTP
- Username: [Your Deakin Username]
- Password: [Leave Blank] you will be prompted for this when you connect
- Directory or Path: [Leave Blank]
For help with Fetch, visit the Fetch support website.
Download for Mac (Deakin Staff and Students Only)