Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. It can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files, save to OneNote and OneDrive. Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket, digitising notes on whiteboards or blackboards, capturing documents, business cards – even receipts and sticky notes – into digital form.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
Note: This app does not perform Optical Character Recognition (OCR), however, if this is required, there are other apps available in the app stores that do, but they don’t integrate as well with the Deakin University environment (also note that the OCR in these apps is “sketchy” at best).back to top